Wherein I describe my girls love of their stuffed animals.
This morning while grocery shopping: “I don’t like people. They are smiling at me.”
At lunch with her eyes closed: “Mom, Can you see me?”
At bedtime, trying to take her shirt off all by herself: “My arm is stuck!” Me: “Why don’t you pull your shirt over your head?” Her response: “No! That is too EASY!”
3 y.o.: How was your day today, [8 y.o]?
8 y.o.: My day was good. How was yours?
3 y.o.: My day was GREAT! [with jazz hands for added emphasis]
8 y.o.: [yelling at 3 y.o.] You are not the boss of me!
3 y.o.: Yes I am.
- 3 y.o.: I was here first!
- 8 y.o.: I was here first!
- 3: I was here first.
- 8: Actually I was born first so there.
- 3: You were born here?
- 8: I was born in 2004 and you were born in 2009.
- 3: What did you watch?
- 8: I am watching VeggieTales.
- 3: What did you watch when you were born?
- 8: ?
- Me to 3 y.o.: Do you need a kleenex?
- 3 y.o.: No. [as she snorts up a nose full of snot].
- 8 y.o.: Do you want me to teach you a new word?
- 3 y.o.: --
- 8 : I'm MURDERING people.
- Me: [8 y.o.'s name]!
- 8: What?! I like to say that word.